After 2 years of exhibiting in Annapolis Croatia Charter Experience decided to mix things up and join the Newport International Boat Show from September 13-16, 2018. We were located in Tent A at booths 35 & 36.It was quite a new adventure and Jelena and Vedran had their hands full the entire 4 days. The stand was a little flooded on the first day due to rain on the day before but after that first day, the weather was absolutely great. We’ve had the chance to really enjoy the fine Indian summer of New England.
Almost all our visitors had a pretty good idea of where Croatia is located. Most of them plan to come sailing and we hope we helped them put these plans into perspective and a little closer to realization.
We were happy to reply to all questions:
- When is the best time to sail in Croatia? – April to October, although high season is June-August
- Where to start the cruise? – Dalmatia region: Split, Sibenik or Slano
- What’s the water temperature? Average 62 in May, 70 in June, 73 in July, 75 in August, 72 in September, and maximums can even exceed 79
- Can we charter bareboat? – Of course, with proper licenses (learn more on our tips page)
- What’s the weather like? – Wonderful, sunny, not too much rain, just enough light mistral breeze in the afternoon for some sailing.
- and many more…
We want to thank all our visitors and the Newport International Boat Show organizers once more and we appreciate all the hospitality that we’ve experienced during our stay in the USA. Finally, we hope to see you again next year. We’ll keep you posted.